From the blog Dustjacket: The magic interiors of this Manhattan Loft by Nate Berkus & partner Jeremiah Brent.
I am so BoHo at heart
So ready for summer and outdoor living…..
Apartment Therapy brings us Modern Ski Chalet
Ski season is ending but these ski chalets are worth the look. The ski chalet has come a long way from its origins in the Swiss Alps as a seasonal farm for dairy cattle. Over time these farm chalets have evolved into the cozy yet modern ski cabins that we know today.
1. A gorgeous chalet in Switzerland from Mind Sparkle Magazine.
2. A guest bedroom in an Aspen condo from House Beautiful.
3. Winter Inspiration from IKEA.
4. A rustic retreat in upstate New York from Elle Decor.
5. The Weisergut, a new boutique hotel in the ski resort of Salzburg, Austria.
You don’t have to live in the Swiss Alps to turn your home into a posh ski chalet. Here are a few iconic pieces to help you warm up your home with some mountain resort style.
Get the Look:
1. Eames Rocker in Sparrow from Design Within Reach, $519
2. Swiss Cross Throw from Haus Interior, $179
3. Sheepskin Rug from IKEA, $29.99
4. Lighthouse by Normann Copenhagen, £80
5. Oval Gathering Basket from HD Buttercup, $115
6. Snowmass Picnic by Slim Aarons, from Photographer’s Gallery
7. Pierre Cowhide Chair from Room and Board, $799
8. Deer Antlers in Cast Resin from Restoration Hardware, $149
Pendant lights reside in a place in between chandeliers and spotlights. They can have all the classiness of the former with all the dramatic grandeur of the latter. Overall they’re a great way to light and highlight. Choose one for your home today.
The magic of wallpaper, from themes, animals,shapes,places & things. If you can imagine it you can create it on walls, stairs etc…
Pinterest & Westwing.fr pictures
Saturday’s “Designing with Vintage” with Gail Smith-Peterson
Ink and Paper
Color palettes of Ink & Paper are so classically versatile. I love the simplicity & pure style. I really do think that Black is the new White. White spaces come to life by adding some ink….
My design tip: Add some ink to your white spaces. Furniture, textiles and accessories are easy to incorporate. Try adding a vintage piece you love.
A beautiful Saturday to you,
TEAM & Lifestyle Vintage Contributor
Visit Casual Loves Elegance Store at Second Shout Out
Photo source: All photos Pinterest
Something this delicious looking is worth every calorie!!
MODERN + CLASSIC + MASCULINE
Shades of Blue
Visual eye candy from the exciting blog The Design Files Daily. For more pictures and a wonderful article on this magical home of artist David Bromley and his wife Yuge. http://thedesignfiles.net/2013/05/byron-bay-home-david-and-yuge-bromley/#comments
Be Inspired & styled by natures color palettes
Stunning wedding inspired by Frida Kahlo visit http://weddingnouveau.com/2012/11/frida-kahlo-style-shoot-by-imaginale-design
If I could do it all again, I would live a bohemian life!
Pictures from pinteres
Love Denim especially recycled & the unusual.